What is Non-Sparking Tools ?
Non-sparking tools are made of non-ferrous metals (metals that do not contain iron), and that’s what makes them reduce the risk of sparks while they are in use. The tools also go by the names “spark-resistant” or “spark-proof” and are mainly made of metals like bronze, brass, Monel metal (copper-nickel alloy), copper-beryllium alloys, or copper-aluminum alloys. Some non-metals like leather, wood, and plastics can also be used to create these tools.
The tools protect against both explosion and fire in environments containing flammable dust, residues, vapors, or liquids. When working in an industrial environment where flammable gases, dust, or liquids are present, using these tools is the best practice.
Valisons Tools , being one of the prominent non-sparking tools supplier in India, offers a vast array of tools, including screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, and others. Our offered tools are of the highest quality that, along with delivering a greater functionality, also helps in maintaining a safe working environment.
As these tools are made from non-ferrous metals, they are softer than the standard tools that are made from high strength alloy steel but still possess excellent durability and help professionals carry their daily tasks with efficiency for several years.
The uses of Non-sparking tools
The tools are backed with proactive safety that makes them best to use in industries having a high risk of fire or explosion. The tools help the safety management department in industries to reduce workplace hazards and injuries that can be caused due to flammable environments. By choosing the right tools from one of the reliable non-sparking tools suppliers, you can minimize the risk of explosion to a great extent in the industries with ATEX (ATmosphere EXplosible) zones.
Valisons Tools has the best expertise to supply quality and innovative non-sparking tools. We offer the widest range of safe hand tools that are known for their excellent durability and unbeatable strength.
The tools are also known as safety tools that minimize the risk of fire or explosion in industries like oil refineries, chemical plants, paint warehouse, offshore oil rig, coal mines, spray booth, and grain silos.
How to use and maintain Non-sparking tools?
The tools help professionals to maintain a safe working environment. To lower the risk of fire or explosion, you can follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Keep all the tools in a clean place, which should also be free from ferrous or other contaminants that can affect the non-sparking properties.
- Make sure the tool you are using is of the right size for the task that needs to be accomplished. Using the right size or fit will prevent the tool from slipping, limiting the risk of a spark.
- Avoid using any non-sparking tool in direct contact with acetylene, which may result in the formation of acetylides, especially in surroundings containing moisture.
- Use mechanical ventilation systems that will remove hazardous and flammable materials, dust, and vapors from the workplace and make it safe for you to perform mechanical tasks.
- The tools should be frequently redressed. The person handling the tools must follow safety procedures while sharpening the tools, such as wearing the eye and face gear, adequate extraction, and dust collection facilities.